Every Christmas my mom would make these delectable little thumbprint cookies. Who would’ve thought that even before my mom became vegan, her signature cookie recipe was already vegan! Let’s just say that this fact made it even easier for me to convince her to let me post the recipe!
As much as I enjoy my mom making these cookies for me, they were still fun and simple to make myself! The key to making these cookies delicious is to use a high quality jam for the center! Enjoy them by yourself or with family and friends for the holidays!
2 cups Almonds, ground into a fine meal
1 cup gluten-free rolled Oats, ground into a fine meal
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Coconut Nectar or Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp Almond Extract
1/4 cup Water (maybe more)
1 jar of Raspberry Preserves (or any other fruit preserves you prefer!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together almond meal, oat meal, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Combine coconut nectar, coconut oil, and almond extract in a separate bowl.
3. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
4. Form balls with the mixture that are about an inch wide. If the balls crumble, add water to the mixture.
5. Place the balls down onto a greased cookie sheet.
6. Make an indent into the top of each ball with your thump or index finger that is deep enough to hold a teaspoon of jam.
7. Place a tsp of jam into each indent on the cookies.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges start to golden.
Share this post -