If you were like me a couple of weeks ago you are probably thinking.. Baba Ga-what?! I had no idea what this recipe was until the other week when I was at a grocery store and tried some. Who knew that such a simple and healthy recipe could taste so good!
Baba Ganoush is a Levantine dish and is much like a eggplant hummus minus any chickpeas. There is no oil, salt, or legumes so it is also Paleo friendly! You will love this recipe because of its simplicity, consistency and amazing taste!
By the way guys, sorry for the lack in quality of my pictures! My camera is no longer working and I have had to revery to using my good old iPhone!
1/4 cup and 1 tsp Vegetable Broth
2 Tbsp Tahini
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the eggplants width wise making circular slices.
3. Grease your pan with half of the 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, lay the eggplant slices down on the pan, and use the other half of the vegetable broth to coast the tops of the eggplants.
4. Place the eggplant slices in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, mince your garlic and place it in a blender.
6. Squeeze your lemon over the blender and add in the juice.
7. Add in the tahini, tsp vegetable broth, and pepper as well.
8. When the eggplants are done, remove them from the oven and add the slices into your blender. You can choose to take off the skin or leave it. I leave it because the skin is packed with nutrients and gives the ganoush a great texture!
9. Blend the ingredients occasionally scraping down the sides to ensure everything is mixing together.
10. Let it cool and enjoy!
Share this post -