I am so excited Fall is here! I love the cooler weather but more importantly I love the FOODS that come into season during this time of year. So basically.. get ready for LOTS of pumpkin recipes! That is my favorite ingredient by far!
For now, Butternut Squash comes in at a close second. This soup is a nice warm welcome to the new cooling weather. It’s great to make a huge batch of this and have it on hand for whenever you’re in a rush or want to have a warm side to your dinner.
One medium Butternut squash peeled and cubed
2 medium Pears peeled and cubed
1 quart Vegetable Broth
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
5 cloves of garlic
3 Tbsp unrefined Coconut Oil
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss butternut squash, garlic, pears, and onions in the oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Place vegetable mix on two baking sheets.
4. Place the baking sheets in the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
5. Once cooked, place the contents into a blender and blend until pureed.
6. In a large pot, combine vegetable mix with vegetable broth.
7. Bring to medium heat and cook for about 8 minutes until soup thickens
Let me know how you like it!
Share this post -