After having another one of my dad’s delicious raw cakes, I finally realized how much I love the taste of carob! Have you ever tried carob? If you haven’t now is your chance.. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
What is carob you may ask? It is like cocoa powder but healthier! Carob is made from the pods of the carob tree and is naturally sweet. Not to mention it has calcium and no caffeine. Carob tastes a lot like chocolate.. but with a little unique flavor twist! Some people don’t like it as much as cocoa but I guess I am just different 🙂 You can buy carob powder at almost any health foods store and it is about the same price as cocoa powder.
A great way to give this yummy cocoa alternative a chance is making Chia Pudding out of it! Chia pudding has a great texture and the carob makes it taste even sweeter. This is great to have in the fridge for a quick breakfast in the mornings. Just cut up some bananas or put some goji berries on top and you have a sweet and nutritious breakfast!
1 1/3 cup Almond Milk (or non-dairy milk of your choice)
1/4 cup Chia Seeds
3 tbsp Carob Powder
1 tbsp Coconut Nectar or Maple Syrup
1/2 a Banana or Goji Berries as toppings
1. Pour the milk into a container.
2. Then add in the chia seeds, coconut nectar, and carob powder with the almond milk and stir.
3. Once the mixture is blended well, place a lid on the container and put it in the fridge.
4. Allow the mixture to sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
5. Take out of the fridge and enjoy with your toppings!Share this post -