This delicious orange soup was inspired by the veggies that were about to go bad in my fridge. I had a big bag of carrots (that I was lucky enough to come across for a really good price!) and a container full of chopped cabbage that needed to be made into something.. anything!
That’s where this recipe came from! Soups are so incredibly easy to make too! Just cook some veggies in vegetable broth, blend part of them in a blender, stir them up and voila! Not to mention that soup is great for your digestive system since the veggies are already partially broken down.
2 Cups chopped Carrots
2 Cups chopped Cabbage
1 diced Onion
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Oregano
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeat
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
5 cups Vegetable Broth
1. Place the coconut oil in a large sauce pan and sautee the diced onions for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the carrots in with the onions and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Put the carrots and onions into a large pot, add in 2 cups of vegetable broth, oregano, nutritional yeast, salt and cabbage.
4. Cook the mixture on medium for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Let the mixture cool and then place 3/4 of it into a blender.
6. Add the remaining vegetable broth into the blender and blend the mixture on high for several minutes or until the texture is smooth.
7. Transfer the mixture into the pot with the other fourth of the veggie mixture and continue to cook for several minutes.
8. Enjoy!Share this post -