We’ve all had vegan pizza’s before but this is a very unusual vegan pizza. The crust is made mostly from cauliflower. This was our first time making this and we loved it! I’m sad to say that I didn’t make up this recipe but rather got the crust recipe from Naked Food Magazine. This recipe makes enough for 2 people.
Pizza Crust Ingredients
- 1 lb (1 medium head) fresh cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- sprinkle of nutritional yeast
In a food processor, mill 3 tbsp chia seeds until finely ground. Pour into a small container and add 6 tbsp water. Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes. Mix again and let stand for another 15 minutes.
Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until a rice like texture is created.
Transfer the cauliflower rice to a paper towel (top and bottom) and using your hands, push to absorb any moisture in the cauliflower.
Place in a large bowl, the cauliflower, chia seeds, almond meal, miso, garlic powder and dried oregano. Mix thoroughly.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press mixture against the parchment paper. Use your hands to shape the mixture into your desired size. Keep the crust 1/4″ thick. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is lightly golden and dry to the touch. Use an additional piece of parchment paper to flip the pizza crust over on the baking sheet and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes. The crust needs to be dry and golden.
Pizza toppings can be different based on what you like. Here’s what we did for a delicious vegan pizza. We started with red pizza sauce followed by a couple tablespoons of pesto.
Add some fresh basil leaves on top of the sauce.
I added steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, zucchini and carrots.
Put back in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Cut and serve!
If you make this, comment below and tell me the toppings you used.
- Apple Walnut Cabbage Slaw - August 6, 2016
- Kale Salad with Roasted Maple Carrots - July 26, 2016
- Vegan Stuffed Peppers - July 14, 2016
- Vegan Pozole – Mexican Favorite - July 9, 2016
- Zucchini Burgers - May 31, 2016
- Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup - March 20, 2016
- Cauliflower Crust Vegan Pizza - June 22, 2015
- Little Vegan Restaurant in Guatemala - April 6, 2015
- My Vegan Cooking Class While on Vacation in Guatemala - February 23, 2015
- Green Beans with Mushrooms & Onions - February 1, 2015