In response to my last Instagram post about Thanksgiving recipe requests, I have chosen three recipes to veganize! Those delicious three are:
Green Bean Casserole
I can’t wait to get working on these! Ok, who am I kidding, I’ve already started! 😉
Now onto a delicious recipe I made last week that I ate as an on-the-go snack; Creamy Cauliflower Tahini Salad! Anything with the word “creamy” in it automatically gets my attention. I love the taste of a smooth and thick dressing on my veggies. Much better than plan old steamed veggies!
At first I was NOT a fan of tahini. I thought it had a weird bitter taste. Now I have learned to properly cook with it and adore this sesame seed paste concoction!
Enjoy this nice little salad as a main meal or a nice side dish. It won’t let you down!
1 head of Cauliflower, cut into florets and steamed
2 Medium Carrots, grated
1/2 a Large Onion
3 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
2 Tbsp Tahini
1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cut your onion into 1/4 inch slices and then into chunks.
2. Place the oil on a saucepan and bring to medium heat.
3. Sauté the onions on the pan for about 5 minutes.
4. Add in the carrots and pumpkin seeds. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
5. While the veggies are cooking, place all of the remaining ingredients in a small bowl (except for the cauliflower) and stir together.
6. Add the cauliflower into the pan and then drizzle the tahini sauce over the mixture of veggies and pumpkin seeds.
7. Alow the mixture to cook together for 2-3 minutes and then take off heat to let it cool.
8. Enjoy cold or warm!Share this post -