Sorry for the lack of posts, school has been difficult! I can’t wait for winter break to finally come. I have the best trip planned out and I can’t wait! I’ll be announcing it soon because I am hoping to meet some fellow vegans along the way! For now though, I will try to enjoy this lovely Autumn weather in between my exams and studying 🙂
A great fall vegetable that is coming into season is Butternut Squash! This is an extremely versatile vegetable that I love cooking with. You can make soup, roast it, stuff it, or.. make them into fries!
Get ready for the best and healthiest fries you’ve ever had! Not to mention this would go great with the Homemade Ketchup recipe I just posted 😉
1 Butternut Squash, peeled and gutted
2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cut the butternut squash into thin strips about 1/2 an inch wide.
3. Toss the fries in the oil and sprinkle the cinnamon slowly, tossing the fries in between.
4. Place the fries on a baking pan.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then flip the fries. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
*Watch the fries closely after you flip them because they can burn easily!
6. Enjoy!Share this post -