Bake goods are my biggest weakness. I love eating them when they’re nice and warm out of the oven too! These muffins are simply delicious and will help curb any sweet tooth!
As if chocolate anything wasn’t good enough, these muffins are DOUBLE chocolate! You’ll get two doses of a rich chocolatey taste with these delectable goodies! Not to mention they are gluten-free for any of you with the allergy!
The coconut cream in this recipe makes the muffins nice and moist. Great for an on-the-go snack, breakfast, or as a dessert! These muffins are sure to satisfy any chocolate cravings you may be having.
All of these pictures were taken by my very talented friend Jes Workman. She is a photographer based in Southern California and shoots a large variety of events from weddings to head shots.
Double Chocolate Muffins Recipe
1 Cup Brown Ride Flour
1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flour
1/2 Coconut Cream
1 1/4 unsweetened non-dairy Milk
1 1/2 cups of soaked Dates*
4 tbsp Cacao Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup chopped Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
*Pre-soak dates in water for at least three hours. Use enough water to cover the dates.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place all dry ingredients (excluding the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips) in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Combine milk, soaked dates, vanilla, and cream in a blender.
4. Blend on high under a nice creamy mixture is formed.
5. Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients together until there are no lumps left. The batter will be pretty thick.
6. Stir in all of the chocolate chips except for 1/4 of a cup.
7. Line a muffin tray with either oil (in which case they wont be oil-free), muffin tins, or parchment paper.
8. Fill up the muffin tins about 3/4 full.
9. Take the 1/4 cup chocolate and press them into the tops of the muffins.
9. Place the tray in to the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until fork ready.
10. Let the muffins cool and enjoy!
Share this post -