Here is my new and improved recipe for Almond Milk! After making a batch a week for the past several months, I have mastered a perfect Almond Milk recipe!
Almond Milk that you buy in the stores has so many preservatives and ingredients I have never heard of. It’s sad too.. I have yet to see a completely clean brand of Almond Milk that I actually know the ingredients of.
I add a tablespoon of coconut oil to add some fat to the milk. Normal milk has fat in it which makes it rich and creamy. Don’t worry though! Coconut oil is a good fat and has even been shown to aid in weight loss! 😉
3 cups Almonds
6 cups Water
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Cloves
3 pitted dates (optional)
1. Place Almonds in a container and cover them with water. Cover the container and place in the fridge. Let the almonds soak for at least 3 hours or overnight.
2. When the almonds are ready, drain them and place them in a large blender.
*If you blender is small, you can make this in two batches.
3. Place the water, spices, and dates in the blender.
4. Blend on high for about 5 minutes.
5. Place the cheesecloth over a large bowl.
6. A little at a time, pour the mixture over the cheesecloth and strain it by squeezing the cheese cloth around the mixture.
7. Do that step with the cheesecloth until all of the mixture has been strained.
8. Place milk in a container when all done.
* To clean the cheesecloth, wash out as much almond meal as possible. Then place it over a hanger and let it dry outside. When completely dry, beat it to get the meal all out.Share this post -