I came across this little vegan restaurant in Guatemala as I was going through my pictures from our recent trip. I never would have thought we’d see a vegan restaurant in this out of the way/under developed part of the country. Unfortunately, we just finished with dinner so we couldn’t eat there. However, it didn’t stop us from buying a couple vegan chocolate chip cookies for a snack later.
You probably think the restaurant would be frequented by the young people who hear about the vegan lifestyle in American and Europe but that’s not who we saw in the restaurant. It was about 50/50 middle aged and young and all were locals.
I think it’s easy to eat vegan when traveling in many of the Latin American countries since there’s such an emphasis on fruits and vegetables with the locals. But it’s still nice to see an actual vegan restaurant.
- Simple Banana Oat Bars - December 5, 2016
- Apple Walnut Cabbage Slaw - August 6, 2016
- Kale Salad with Roasted Maple Carrots - July 26, 2016
- Vegan Stuffed Peppers - July 14, 2016
- Vegan Pozole – Mexican Favorite - July 9, 2016
- Zucchini Burgers - May 31, 2016
- Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup - March 20, 2016
- Cauliflower Crust Vegan Pizza - June 22, 2015
- Little Vegan Restaurant in Guatemala - April 6, 2015
- My Vegan Cooking Class While on Vacation in Guatemala - February 23, 2015