Thanksgiving is in two days! I am posting my third Thanksgiving recipe just in time! I received a lot of requests for a gluten-free stuffing. Usually you see stuffing made with bread but I figured it would be too hard for people to find gluten-free and vegan bread. After all, this is Simply Vegan.. gotta keep things simple!
This recipe uses no bread but don’t worry.. it is packed with flavor! Plus quinoa is loaded with nutrients and protein. Why not add some nutrition to your Thanksgiving dishes 😉 ?
I will (most likely) be posting a last minute recipe on Wednesday since I will be doing plenty of cooking anyways! Are you guys having a all-vegan Thanksgiving or are you the only vegan in your family? Let me know!
* 2 cups Quinoa
5 cups Vegetable Broth
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups Mushrooms, chopped
1 Yellow Onion, diced
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Basil
1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
* I used sprouted quinoa to make my stuffing which is why you will see little while strings coming out of my quinoa. Sprouted quinoa can be hard to find and is not necessary to make this recipe!
1. Thoroughly wash your quinoa before cooking to ensure it is nice and clean.
2. Combine the quinoa and 4 cups of vegetable broth in a large pot.
3. Bring the broth to a boil and then turn it down to low and let the quinoa simmer.
4. Cook for 25- 30 minutes or until the broth has evaporated and the quinoa is fully expanded.
5. Put 1/2 cup of vegetable broth in a large saucepan with the diced onions, minced garlic, spices, and salt.
6. Saute garlic and onions for about 15 minutes and then add the chopped mushrooms.
7. Add vegetable broth when needed so the mixture doesn’t dry out or stick to the pan.
8. Saute the mixture for 10 more minutes.
9. Add the quinoa, walnuts, and nutritional yeast to the pan. Mix all of the ingredients together.
10. Turn off the stove, let the stuffing cool, and enjoy!
Share this post -