After tasting the delicious cake that my dad made me for my birthday, I began wondering what I could make with it. I took a day to go to my parents house and try out a recipe using their food processor and what I came up with is a gift from the raw, vegan gods!
I used to love carrot cake before I became vegan. My mom and I love the spices that are in it along with the yummy cream cheese frosting. I miss tasting those yummy flavors and that is what inspired me to make this recipe!
The texture of the cake is incredible. A little chewy but nice and smooth. I love raw food because the textures are amazing. Not to mention that the frosting is also creamy and has a little tang to make it taste just like cream cheese frosting! This recipe doesn’t have to be made into just a cake either. Feel free to make energy bars, mini cupcakes, or cake pops!
3 Cups Shredded Carrots
3 Cups Pitted Dates
1 Cup Walnuts
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Cloves
1/4 tsp Tumeric
1/2 tsp Ginger
1 cups soaked Cashews
3 tbsp Coconut Nectar or Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp Water
1. Place all of the ingredients for the cake into a food processor.
2. Process until smooth; scraping the sides down if needed.
3. Place the dough aside and wash out the processor until it is clean again.
4. Place all of the ingredients for the frosting in the processor and blend until smooth.
5. Place the cake dough on a plate and mold it into a cake form.
6. Scoop out the icing and evenly distribute it over the cake.
7. Place the cake in the fridge for about an hour and enjoy!
Share this post -