My friend and I decided to do a two week raw cleanse/challenge/whatever you want to call it. For the challenge, I decided to borrow my parent’s food processor. I figured, unless I want to eat a lot of salads and smoothies, I need a food processor for this challenge. Plus, this means that I get to come up with some creative recipes! Basically.. I am really excited!
My first creation is these cashew spice cookie balls! They’re delectable! If you have ever had a Larabar.. They are very similar to those. The ingredients are simple and few.
I love the taste of dates and cashews together. They make for a perfect cookie; quite tasty! The key to these balls is blending the mixture for a long time. Also, let the dough cool before you roll it into balls.
2 Cups Cashews
1 Cup Dates, pitted
1 1/2 Tbsp Raw Coconut Nectar or Agave
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cloves
1. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor.
2. Process the ingredients until the mixture forms into a thick mixture that could be rolled.
3. Let the dough cool off for about 5 minutes.
4. Form clumps of the dough into balls and roll the balls between your palms to smooth them out.
5. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!Share this post -