School is slowly coming to an end. Honestly, it couldn’t come fast enough since when I graduate I will be packing my stuff up and moving over to China! But for now, I am caught between day dreaming about hanging with pandas and scrambling to finish my essay for my writing class.
Meanwhile, I am still cranking out recipes with my parent’s nifty food processor. I just can’t believe how much easier cooking is when using it! I am trying to focus on more savory dishes though. As easy, and absolutely delicious, as it is to make raw sweets with a food processor, I still need my veggies!
This recipe was a huge surprise.. I aimed to make a walnut pâté but was so surprised when I created a recipe that tasted so much like tuna! Plus, wrapping it in a big ole collard wrap saves you so many calories; not to mention they taste great! Enjoy this “tuna” as a wrap or throw a little bit on top of your salad for some extra flavor and protein!
1 Cup Walnuts
5 Sun-dried Tomatoes
1 Cup Carrots
1 Cup Celery
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Kelp Powder (optional)
A pinch of Curry
1 tsp Coconut Oil
4-5 Large Collard Leaves
Whatever wrap fillings you enjoy!
1. Place all of the ingredients, except for the collard leaves and wrap fillings, into a food processor.
2. Blend the ingredients together, occasionally scraping down the sides if necessary.
3. Take the collard wraps and place them, open side down (with the thick stem facing up).
4. Take a knife and cut the extra thickness of the stem that protrudes from the leaf length-wise. This will allow for the leaf to wrap more easily.
5. Place 4 tbsp of the Walnut “tuna” on the wrap and add in any other wrap fillings that you like. I used carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and avocado.
6. Wrap up your collard leaf and enjoy!Share this post -