This Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup is a super tasty and super easy soup. If you love ginger you may want to add more. This is a kid friendly soup too. I had no trouble getting my two picky eaters to eat this soup.
- 2 Cups Red Lentils
- 2 Cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 Cups peeled sweet potatoes cupped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 8 Cups of water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- In a soup pot, sauté onions in the olive oil till transparent. Add lentils, ginger, sweet potatoes and water.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the lentils and the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Move as much of the lentils as possible leaving behind as many sweet potatoes as possible (it’s ok to take onions and broth with the lentils) to a blender. Blend the lentils and return to the pot. Your soup should have a creamy constancy with chunks of sweet potatoes in it.
- Add salt, stir and serve.
- Apple Walnut Cabbage Slaw - August 6, 2016
- Kale Salad with Roasted Maple Carrots - July 26, 2016
- Vegan Stuffed Peppers - July 14, 2016
- Vegan Pozole – Mexican Favorite - July 9, 2016
- Zucchini Burgers - May 31, 2016
- Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup - March 20, 2016
- Cauliflower Crust Vegan Pizza - June 22, 2015
- Little Vegan Restaurant in Guatemala - April 6, 2015
- My Vegan Cooking Class While on Vacation in Guatemala - February 23, 2015
- Green Beans with Mushrooms & Onions - February 1, 2015