Hands down, my favorite vegetable is broccoli! There is so much you can do with it and it is so easy to make. I had never tried broccoli in a cream sauce before, which is surprising since any type of veggie tastes great in a nice creamy sauce. I knew I quickly had to come up with a sauce like that for my favorite veggie.
As I have grown older, my tastes buds have matured.. a lot. I remember when I used to DESPISE onions.. what!? Now I can’t go a day without eating onions in some way shape or form!
One veggie I have always hated but am slowly warming up to is mushrooms. I think it is more because of the texture than the taste for me. But whenever they are in a recipe, they make the recipe taste that much better! So this recipe became another attempt to make me like mushrooms and to get that great flavor I knew they would add to the sauce.
Wow! I was not disappointed. This recipe is delicious. Took me twenty minutes to devour half of it and I didn’t even stop to think about the fact that I was eating mushrooms! They were that good! The savory mushrooms, creamy sauce, and roasted broccoli all go so perfect together! Not to mention that the almond flour tastes like there was some parmesan sprinkled on top! Yummy!
1 head of Broccoli florets
1 package of Mushrooms, sliced
2 cups canned Coconut Cream (not the kind that is solid on top)
¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
3 tbsp Almond Flour
1 tbsp Coconut Flour
½ tsp Onion Powder
¼ tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Coconut Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease a medium sauce pan with the coconut oil.
3. On medium, sauté the mushrooms in the oil for about 10 minutes or until they become nice and soft.
4. Then add in one cup of the coconut cream. Mix the cream and mushrooms together.
5. Bring the mixture up to a simmer for about 2 minutes. Then let the mixture cool down.
6. Add in the last cup of cream, garlic salt, onion powder, and nutritional yeast into the mixture.
7. Bring back up to a simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes to let the mixture get thicker.
8. Once done, bring back down to low and allow to start cooling.
9. At this point, add in the coconut flour to help it thicken.
10. Grab a large baking pan and lightly grease it with coconut oil.
11. Place the broccoli florets onto the pan and cover the broccoli with the mushroom sauce.
12. Sprinkle the almond flour over the broccoli.
13. Place the pan into the oven and cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until the top of the mixture starts to become brown.
14. Take out the pan out of the oven, let it cool, and enjoyShare this post -