I have some fine memories as a kid of chowing down into a nice sloppy Joe, usually at school since my mom didn’t make that kind of food! If you thought this was one of those foods you would never be able to enjoy again.. boy were you wrong!
I never knew it, since I never made them at home, but these sandwiches are so simple! My boyfriend and I gulped these down as soon as I was done. I barely had time to take pictures! It’s always fun to take a popular meat dish and make it vegan!
1 8 oz Organic Tempeh, crumbled
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can tomato sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
¼ cup coconut oil
salt and pepper
1. In a large sauce pan, add oil and onions and sauté the onions until they are almost cooked through.
2. Add in tempeh and garlic and cook until garlic turns light brown.
3. Add spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Pour in tomato sauce and lower heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes until the mixture gets thick.
5. Season with and salt and pepper to your liking.
6. Put on a gluten free hamburger bun and enjoy!Share this post -