I bet you never stopped to look at the ingredients in your ketchup. If you buy ketchup, go take a look right now. I bet sugar or corn syrup is one of the top four ingredients! Do you want to be eating that?
I don’t eat processed sugar and when I realized that ketchup had so much artificial sugar I was devastated; I love ketchup! They are great on fries (I usually eat more ketchup than fries) and goes great with a nice veggie burger.
Do not fear because.. surprise, surprise.. it is actually very easy to make your own sugar free ketchup! Skip the preservatives and sugar.. try out this recipe for a healthy Ketchup!
6 oz can of Tomato Paste
½ cup Water
2 tbsp Mustard
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
1/8 tsp Stevia powder or liquid
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
½ tsp Oregano
1. Place both vinegars and the stevia in a medium sauce pan. Whisk together until there are no lumps and cook on medium for several minutes.
2. Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and whisk together.
3. After there are no lumps, add in tomato paste, sweetener, mustard, and water.
4. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
5. If the consistency is too thick for you, just add a little bit of water!Share this post -