This recipe is great for anyone looking to pack a lot of protein into their meals. Tempeh is a great source of protein and the spinach or kale give a little boost in the protein content as well. Also, if you’re looking to build muscle, carbohydrates are important for your diet which you will receive from the sweet potatoes!
Aside from this recipe being a power-house for nutrients, it tastes delicious! I never thought tempeh and sweet potatoes would compliment each other so nicely but boy was I wrong! Double the recipe if you want to be able to eat some throughout the week!
You can eat the mash all by itself, on top of a salad, in a wrap, or even in a collard wrap! There are many possibilities when it comes to what to do with this delicious recipe!
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, baked.
1 8 ounce package of Tempeh, cubed
1 large Onion, diced
1 cup tightly packed Spinach or Kale
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tsp Tumeric
1/2 tsp Curry Powder
1 tbsp Coconut Aminos or Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
2 pinches of Chili Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
Pepper to taste
1. Pour 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth into a medium sized pan. Turn the heat up to medium and place the onions in the pan.
2. Sautee the onions for about 8- 10 minutes or until they start to brown.
3. Add in the Tempeh and keep cooking until the Tempeh starts to brown. This should take about 8 minutes.
4. Add in the remaining vegetable broth, tumeric, soy sauce/aminos, tomato paste, curry, chili powder, Dijon mustard and salt.
5. Combine these ingredients and then add in the spinach. Allow the mixture to cook until all the spinach leaves have wilted.
6. At this point, turn the heat down to low. Peel the skins from the sweet potatoes, cut them into cubes, and add the cubes into the pan.
7. Using a fork, mash the potatoes into the mixture. Leave chunks if you want!
Share this post -