Vegan Stuffed Peppers are a favorite in our family. Many people shy away from peppers but using red, orange and yellow instead of green makes a big different in taste. They come out much sweeter than bitter. Our friend’s kids even liked these.
1/2 cup dry quinoa
1 cup vegan chicken broth
4 red, yellow or orange bell peppers
2 diced onions
4 minced cloves of garlic
3 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 chopped zucchini
1 can (15 oz) white cannellini beans
1 cup basil marinara sauce
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
Cook quinoa and water per the directions on the box.
In a large hot pan, saute onions adding a tablespoon of water as needed to keep them from sticking. This is a great oil-free method of sauteing.
Add garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, salt and pepper. Saute all vegetables until tender (about 10 minutes).
Turn over the baked bell peppers and fill each with the mixture.
Top each with a couple tablespoons of basil marinara sauce and bake for 30 minutes at 350.
Plate and top with a little more marinara sauce along with a green vegetable for a great presentation.
- Simple Banana Oat Bars - December 5, 2016
- Apple Walnut Cabbage Slaw - August 6, 2016
- Kale Salad with Roasted Maple Carrots - July 26, 2016
- Vegan Stuffed Peppers - July 14, 2016
- Vegan Pozole – Mexican Favorite - July 9, 2016
- Zucchini Burgers - May 31, 2016
- Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup - March 20, 2016
- Cauliflower Crust Vegan Pizza - June 22, 2015
- Little Vegan Restaurant in Guatemala - April 6, 2015
- My Vegan Cooking Class While on Vacation in Guatemala - February 23, 2015